What is covered, and what is not covered?
"On 31 December 2019, the World Health Organisation (WHO) China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan City,Hubei Province of China. A novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was identified as the causative virus by Chinese authorities on 7 January. Since then a number of cases outside China have been confirmed."
Cover International Expat Insurance - Henner
- Update: 29th of June 2020
Up-to-date COVID-19 information per country
For existing clients with a healthcare / disability insurance of Henner there is up-to-date information on COVID-19 per country. You will find it online in your personal space at Henner.
Health and evacuation
- This insurance covers the medical expenses if medically necessary, included under your health contracts and within the area of cover of the policy.
- Tele-consultations are covered if the Insured Member is either in isolation or is diagnosed with Coronavirus-Covid 19. Reasonable and customary medication delivery costs to the location where is Covered Person/ Insured Member is in isolation are also covered.
- In cases where a repatriation procedure is medically necessary, the related costs will be covered. Such repatriation must be carried out in accordance with the legal norms and the authorisations of the local authorities of the host and receiving countries.
- Corona or COVID tests are only covered when these are medically necessary. There is no coverage for tests that are required to gain access to a country,
Life (Life, ADD, Temporary Incapacity, Permanent Disability)
In regard to life and disability benefits, only sick leave prescribed by a doctor is covered. As the situation evolves rapidly, cover can change.